Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Anime North 2011 - Geek out?

A Chick review ; )

Well hello there!

So BMG Gadgets headed over to Anime North this weekend to do a little bit of Fangirl-ing and to take a look at all the amazing costumes.

So let's get into it.


Anime North

Anime North is the biggest fan run Anime Convention in North America. It takes place once a year at the end of May for 3 days in Mississauga, Ontario. Anime North is basically spread throughout 3 locations and is AMAZING for all anime fans.

You will see tons of costumes and great panels and merchandise. To be honest, I didn't really get any merchandise since I live in the Toronto area anyway and Pacific Mall has all of the anime things I need. However, for those travelling from afar (many hailing from Quebec and from the US) this is a prime time to get great merchandise without having to buy things online.

Ok so now on to the pic heavy part of the post :

 Vegeta - Dragon Ball Z

 Black Gold Saw - Black Rock Shooter (she was SO tall) Amazing Cosplay she really eclipsed the other  Black Gold Saw cosplayers, I didn't even want to take pics of others XD

 Black Rock Shooter (again absolutely amazing, and the weapon is great too). and adorable that she had issues propping it on the shoulder lol

 Hina Ichigo from Rozen Maiden and Clover (Su) Amu Transformation - Shugo Chara
Absolutely adorable cosplays
 Oz and Alice - Pandora Hearts

 Patlabor

 I believe this is a steampunk cosplay but I could be incorrect. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

 Sailor moon cosplay. Again sorry for the n00bness but I only know Sailor mini moon from this Sailor Moon group. Corrections are welcome.
 Chocobo - Final Fantasy Series

 Camo Sniper

Princess Peach - Mario 
I REALLY wanted her to do the voice, but I didn't want to impose =[

 Ciel Phantomhive in his uber cute girl outfit from Kuroshitsuji Black Butler

 Death the Kid - Soul Eater 
There were a lot of Death the Kid's out at Anime North but this was one of my favourites.

Team Fortress!

 Bowser - Mario

 Kyoya Ootori and Tamaki Suou - Ouran High School Host Club 
So dazzling =]

 Pokemon!
Don't ask me to name them, they're new and I'm old school. I only now Magikarp
 Akatsuki - Naruto

 Princess Mononoke

Assassins creed I believe.

 Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler)
Boy and girl outfits

 Amu heart transformation (Ran) - Shugo Chara

 Not sure, just got a quick snapshot.

Franken Stein (Dr. Stein) - Soul Eater
Lots of this cosplay as well, I'm glad Soul Eater's doing so well

 Togepi oufit.
Pokemon (duh!)

 Alice - Heart no kuni no Alice

Pikachu and Misty 
DAWWWWWWWWWW!

 I'm not sure but DAMN those SHOES!

 Again, pardon my n00bness but this looked really cool

Shugo Chara gathering!!!!

Not sure again... sorry! >.<

Vivaldi - Heart no kuni no Alice
Amazing cosplay, so detailed... just amazing

 Not sure again, but I love the large weapon. She must've made them sweat at weapon's check

TEGAMI NO BACHI - gauche suede. 
OMGOMGOMG love the character design in the manga. droollll... AND THEY HAD LETTERS...
ok fangirl moment over I swear

Getting photos taken all professional like at "The Enthusiasts" booth by "Elemental" (she takes amazing cosplay pics). This is Link and Snake getting their model on. I was after and absolutely loved the shots I got. Look out for those on the personal/beauty blog.

 Grabbed a business card, because they were so good

 Not sure where this is from but they were so well put together

 Sucker Punch. Thank goodness I decided not to do this cosplay. These guys were amazing!

ARIEL!! From the little mermaid. I litterally squealed when I saw her ! AND WITH FLOUNDER!

And finally... this was my favourite of the day. They looked so familiar but I didn't figure it out until we stopped taking pics. ITS MUMMIES ALIVE!!!!!!!! I know you know what I'm talking about.


Overview:

So all in all another great experience at Anime North. Can't help but love the full on geekyness that goes on here. It's so fun, and a great chance to see some favourite characters as close to in the flesh as you will ever get. Doesn't hurt that half naked girls are running around ; )

Tickets can be pricy, but try to remember that the entire con is fan run by volunteers and that they all put in an immense amount of work and effort into making it an enjoyable experience for all.

Will I be going next year? Yes, and probably the year after and so on and so forth. So make sure to leave a comment if you went and tell me about your experiences!

6 comments:

Yaaay more of our Sucker Punch group! Thanks for posting this, haven't been able to find any of the hundreds of pics that were taken of us.

Ooh thanks for taking pictures of my Black Gold Saw cosplay! The BRS is also my cosplay partner haha~

Thanks for the photos!

"I'm not sure but DAMN those SHOES!"

They're a couple of Tengu from the Touhou series of doujin games by Team Shanghai Alice, a circle consisting of Zun and sometimes a guest. The games are mostly in the Danmakku genre.There are also manga, a doujin anime, and several festivals dedicated to it... One, a music festival, is called "Flowering Night". It's all Indy music based on the... anyways, if I keep going I'll be typing all night. Here's the wiki:
http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Touhou_Wiki

Oh, about the shoes... They're called "Tengu Geta". They're well suited to steep terrain and are traditional footware for Yamabushi, monks, and mountain bandits.

I was the Peach! I would have given the voice a shot if you'd asked. ;P

Mindgap.Moe is an anime blog that features anime reviews, anime news, a small anime database and other anime related things like the current anime show list! We will also feature a quick and unique anime “should you watch” category so that you dont have to read an essay worth of text to know if you should watch this moe anime or not. Visit our website address www.mindgap.moe

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites